Docklands Solicitor

Latest legal news from Docklands Solicitors, Kaslers Solicitors LLP.

Tuesday, 5 April 2011


How can I provide for a Disabled beneficiary who cannot manage their own money?

- A question we are asked on a regular basis. There are several very important considerations to take into account when leaving assets to a disabled beneficiary.

- First of all, one of the most important things you need to know if you have any beneficiary who is in receipt of means tested state benefits, is that if they receive an inheritance outright that brings their own savings to over £23,500, they will lose their state benefits and the support structure that goes with them. The simple way of ensuring this does not happen, is to leave their inheritance to them through the use of a Trust in your Will, for which you need to speak to an estate planning specialist.

- Any beneficiary who may be unable to manage their own money - maybe through disability, or as a result of drug or alcohol or gambling addiction - can also be provided for by the use of a Trust in your Will, to protect your assets for their benefit.

- Likewise, if any of your beneficiaries is in an ‘unsteady’ marriage (or you simply do not want their spouse to get their hands on their money!) or is, has been or is liable to become bankrupt, again the use of a Will Trust will protect their inheritance from their creditors.

Labels: , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]


Call Michael Breeze on 07900 195 195 or call 0845 270 2511 to if you need legal advise about any of these issues

Kaslers Solicitors LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England under LLP no. OC310653; authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority under reg no 408936; governed by professional rules set out in the Code of Conduct click here to visit and has its registered office / main trading address at Suite 3, 10 Churchill Square, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent ME19 4YU - tel: +44 (0)845 270 2511; fax: +44 (0)845 270 2513; DX 92863 West Malling.
The LLP Members are Michael D Breeze LL.B (Hons) (SRA reg no 110184) and Simon McCree Scott LL.B (Hons) (SRA reg no 298202).