Docklands Solicitor

Latest legal news from Docklands Solicitors, Kaslers Solicitors LLP.

Monday, 19 January 2009


Local Search Permitted Development

Planning permission is usually required do any building works in under or over ground

The Government can make exceptions to this rule by listing out, in a General Permitted Development Order, types of ‘permitted development’ for which it is not necessary to get planning permission.

A local planning authority (or the Secretary of State) may, however, take away the permitted development rights within a specified area (Article 4) so that planning permission is required after all

So, you want a conservatory. That is building work over land, but certain sizes of conservatory are listed in a GPDO. The salesman may tell you that it does not need planning permission. Check whether your local authority has made an article 4 direction removing that size of conservatory from the GPDO so you need planning permission after all


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]


Call Michael Breeze on 07900 195 195 or call 0845 270 2511 to if you need legal advise about any of these issues

Kaslers Solicitors LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England under LLP no. OC310653; authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority under reg no 408936; governed by professional rules set out in the Code of Conduct click here to visit and has its registered office / main trading address at Suite 3, 10 Churchill Square, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent ME19 4YU - tel: +44 (0)845 270 2511; fax: +44 (0)845 270 2513; DX 92863 West Malling.
The LLP Members are Michael D Breeze LL.B (Hons) (SRA reg no 110184) and Simon McCree Scott LL.B (Hons) (SRA reg no 298202).